Followers

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Valentine Explosion Card

Color My Heart.  
Color Dare #129


Colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com
I have been wanting to make an explosion card for awhile now.  Valentines Day and Close To My Heart's "Heartstrings" paper pack were calling my name.


I had posted this card to the facebook CTMH Artwork page and My facebook page 
"Close To My Heart Sue Hoback" and I received a message from Annette Selders about this challenge.
This is the first challenge I have taken part in....so wish me luck.  Thanks Annette for the information and encouragement!  

My card started with a piece of cardstock cut at 8 1/2" x 5".  I scored on the long side at 2,4,6, and 8 inches,  On the short side I scored at 3 inches. There are plenty of instructions on explosion cards on YouTube.  I adjusted to make the card the size I wanted.  All supplies are CTMH except the ribbon,  and the red bling  from my stock.

Supplies Used
Heartstrings paper pack
Heartstrings Complements
Heartstrings Assortments
Cranberry Ink

If you Have any questions please post in the "comments" section and I will get back to you.  Please comment and let me know what you think.

Hope you are Curious and give this a try!

If you want to see what other creative people have made check out Colormyheart: Color Dare #129

Hey guys Look I won the Diamond !

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Mildred! This is such a fun card! Thanks for sharing your explosion card with us at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun explosion card, Mildred! I love seeing all those elements popping out. Thanks for sharing on the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mildred, you did a spectacular job on your first challenge blog entry! You picked just the right elements to pop out of your card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Color Dare--hope you will become a regular participant. (Finding and entering card challenges can become addicting!)
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you kind comments. Love crafting and Close to my Heart products.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. What a great Box Card! I love how you used the embellishments within the box and not just paper. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all so much. I will be sure to try again

      Delete
  5. Fabulous explosion box card!!! Thank you so much for playing along this week with Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete

Be Curious! Be Creative! Be Engaged! Tell Me What You Think.