Followers

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

More Leaves.

I know too many leaves...but I just can't help myself.  I find inspiration in nature at lot for the art I create.  On my morning walk Tuesday I found these leaves.

I just had to try and see if I could make some.  So here's the supplies I used to make leaves.
  • CTMH Inks; Flaxen, Sunkiss Yellow, Honey, Buttercup, Pear, Sweet leaf, New England Ivy and Coco
  • Arcylic block, spritzer with water and water color paper
  • Outline leaf stamp 
I tried many..many...times & ways to get the look of these leaves, I especially liked the veins and how they kinda bled into the leaf.  I found that it worked best to ;
  • Put your ink onto the block, spritz with water and stamp on water color paper (I also spritzed the paper...caution....just a small amount )  I dried the ink between each addition of color.
  • I just played until I got a combination of colors I liked.
  • For the veins....the hardest part.  I almost gave up on this one.  I tried different inks (distress, pigment and our classic inks)  I found that ours (CTMH) worked best.  I used our small distress ink pad to do part of the stamp, then used New England Ivy on the rest....used ink daubers to apply. To stamp the image, I spritzed the paper (with the color on it.)  then I just rubbed the water on the paper to make sure it was coated well ,but not too wet.  Then I stamped....held my breath...and watched the magic happen.  I used my heat gun to dry it when it had bled enough. Ta..da... My leaves!

Then I decided to make my granddaughter a card.  She was so nice to help me make some birthday cards last night.  So I made this card.  Here are the supplies I used.
  • Craft card stock for the base, Skylark (one of my favorite paper packs) and Flaxen (new color)
  • Stamp sets; You are my Happy and This is Good
  • Flaxen and Coco Inks
  • Yellow fibers and bakers twine I had in my stash..also a Wink of Stella pen for some shine. I used a 3"x3" base to attach my fibers and leaves to with a tape runner,


Please leave a comment below if you liked my card or have any questions.  Supplies and more inspiration can be found on my website Here
Stay Curious Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Curious! Be Creative! Be Engaged! Tell Me What You Think.