Followers

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Happy Scrapbook Layout


Recently I went with my Daughter on a business trip to Hampton.  To occupy my time while she was in her meetings I took some pictures and scrapbooking supplies. I was very productive and completed several pages.  This one was a "Curious" experiment . I had some birthday pictures and decided to make my own background paper. It's hard to see the colors but I used Pixie, Canary, Flaxin Glacier and Thistle CTMH inks (all the new colors)  I inked the top with pixie and the bottom two places with Canary and Flaxin inks. I didn't take many stamps so I used a pencil eraser to stamp with Thistle ink.  The banner at the top we found at Hobby Lobby in a sales bin. When I started to Make my title I realized that I did not have what I needed to make "Happy Birthday" As I was looking through my pictures I found these and the title "Happy" just seemed to fit and the colors went well with my background.  I used Flaxin card stock to mat my pictures. Took my Happy tied on some pink and white bakers twine, some embellishments and I think my layout turned out just fine.

You will be amazed at how productive you can be  when you limit yourself to just a few supplies.  When I packed I just picked some card stock, a couple CTMH paper packs, 5 different types of embellishments, some inks, a couple stamp sets, my pictures and some tools.  I found that I had much more time to create when I didn't have so many things to 'choose from".  Be Curious and limit yourself to just a few supplies and see what you come up with.  I would love to see what you come up with.  Please feel free to post your creations in the comments section.

While you're here take some time to sign up or join my blog.  I love to share my art work with you and get you comments about what I am doing.  Be a Curious person like me, I like to try new things, techniques, crafts, supplies and things that you would not expect to see.  If you follow my blog we can exchange ideas!  

Visit my Web Site  to see the wonderful products we have and see some great project ideas

Thought I would also share some picture of some flowers I took while we were there.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Curious! Be Creative! Be Engaged! Tell Me What You Think.